Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are several ways in which maps can be used.
- Map component for a single topic displays everything the user collates together on the map
- Map display option for any component in addition to a gallery and a list.
- Map-based wikidocumentary
- For a given topic, displayed in the header section. There may be several header images of wikidocumentaries per topic, which will then be put on a playlist.
- A wikidocumentary usually touches on many topics, and there must be a topic-independent place for displaying them and a way to find them.
- Map-based discovery interface on the top level.
- Location display in each media metadata view.
Map component for a single topic displays everything the user collates together on the map
- Initially display the topic on the map as a pin and/or an area
- Zoom extent to be figured out for a single pin
- View nearby items / images
- Display images or a selection on the map
- Display external data and raster sources (historical maps) as layers > More ideas on configuring this needed
- Display items from any of the components on the topic's page
- Add timeline to the display
- Configure base map
- Export map
Map display option
Map display option for any component in addition to a gallery and a list
- Option in the display menu of items that have geolocation data
- Single point, lifeline (start–end) arcs, aggregates for multiple points
- Temporal aspect if present in the data
- Facet items on the map based on their properties
- Add all or a faceted selection to the topic's map
Based on frames that consist of several parameters
- Coordinate location
- View angle
- Time value
- Visual media
- Coordinate info for overlays (on the map background, in 3D space)
- Medium (video, image, image series, image pair)
- Headline & subheader
- Fixed timeline throughout presentation, such as a narrative
- Fixed timeline over one frame
- Soundscape loops or generative soundscapes
- Effects, synchronized sound
- Map settings
- Map style
- Timeline display
- Frame display triggered by GPS info
- Dynamic output
- soundscape, colours, alternative content, nearby geotagged content
- depending on data
- proximity to a coordinate location
- weather data
- time of day, time of year...
- Interface to create frames
- AI-assisted frame generation from Wikipedia articles
- Animations of time-series, how do they relate to frames? Can frames be marked as time intervals, or points in time?
- Can the wikidocumentaries be multidimensional, including for example temporal depth across its own timeline.
- Base map, configure
- Available local map services, use data collected in OSM
- Terrain, configure
- Orthophoto, configure
- International services
- Local providers
- Historical map, configure
- Always best suggestion based on time and scale
- Select/search from available maps
- Configure menu and services
- Menu controls
- Transparency slider
- Toggle visibility by clicking
- Configuration button opens configuration modal (TBD). Each layer has one map initially.
- Layers can be rearranged
- Bottom layer is opaque
It is possible to select 4 background layers: Hillshading, basemap, aerial image and a bitmap map. Each of them can be configured. Initially only one per each will be possible. The goal is to allow an option, which will always display the most suitable maps based on scale and topic date.
- The topic itself as a POI or a shape depending on data
- Nearby topics (POIs & shapes) // don't show if the topic contains multiple items --> from the pin?
- Images of the topic
- aggregated together with the topic and images from the same location item if the location item is displayed
- aggregated together with images from the same location only if the location item is not displayed
- aggregated into a single image in greater zoom settings
- works are displayed as part of image display
- single image pin may show camera direction
- Nearby images (directional POI + image icon) // don't show if the topic contains multiple items --> from the pin?
- Events and routes (timeline locations, journeys)
- (Data, configure and search)
- (Other topic, configure)
Items in parenthesis are ideas to consider later.
- (How the timeline and the map display things together. It can be a separate tool, but a simple solution should be available on the topic page as well.)
- Search location by place name. Aim to include historical toponyms.
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|