Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikidocumentaries is multilingual. The user interface language can be changed to any available language. The UI languages are translated in TranslateWiki.net.
It is also possible to view only the article in another language. The article language menu will display the user's available languages and a link to all available languages. See Article.
- If the topic exists in Wikidata, the articles generally exist in different language Wikipedias.
- If the topic exists in Wikidocumentaries, the articles generally exist in Wikidocumentaries.
dispo displays Wikipedia articles Interface and content language can be changed in the main menu.
- The user may change the interface language of the site to a supported interface language.
- The interface languages are translated in TranslateWiki.
- The language menu displays the the available languages in the order of the user's language fallback chain. Last item in the list displays all languages. An extra option could link to adding/editing translations.
- The menu is created in UILanguageMenu.vue.
The topic title and description
- The topic title and description are returned from Wikidata
- The language fallback of the title and the description are preferably based on the user's language fallback chain.
- The user may decide to show a single article in a chosen language.
- The language switch menu displays the available articles ordered by the user's language fallback chain
- The menu is created in ArticleLanguageMenu.vue.
- The menu shows 5 best language options for the article and the remaining ones behind a single option.
- The topic title is used to search for images
- Additional properties and aliases may be used also
- The topic title is used to show a nearby place on the map
- Translations are managed in TranslateWiki. It produces json-files in all included languages
- The json files are put together in wikidocumentaries-ui/src/store/messages.js.
- Applies to
- Topic title
- Topic description
- Map nearby places
- Article language options sort order
- Wikidata label in the UI language. The UI language is by default the browser language, but the user may change it.
- The topic in it's original language.
- Wikidata label in the best language option in the language fallback chain. The fallback chain is initially a hard-coded list of languages. Later on, the user may construct this list.
- Any language that the system encounters.
- Search terms for images
- Topic title and aliases
- in the API service's preferred language
- in the topic's original language
|About||Technology||Design||Content modules||Tool pages||Projects|
|Setting up dev environment||
|Visual editor||Central Park Archives|