- 1 Wikisource materials
- 2 Wikisource in Wikidocumentaries
- 3 Summary of new development
- 4 Item in Phabricator
- 5 Navigation
The structure of a Wikisource item
Books are represented in wikidocumentaries by items for works and items for editions.
An item can be interpreted as work, if it
- has editions
- has a Wikipedia article link
- has an incoming link to it as work related to an edition
An item can be interpreted as edition, if it
- has a Wikisource link
- is defined as edition
- defines a work it is an edition of
Errors and poorly described items exist.
Wikisource across languages
The data that can be read to Wikidocumentaries needs to be uniform across language editions. The following most likely are
- index page
- transcluded pages (NS:0)
- author pages
- page order
Note reading order!
- PDF / Wikimedia Commons
- Wikisource index page
- Wikisource link
Wikisource in Wikidocumentaries
The page of the work/edition
The header section could take into account the image of the pdf and display that.
- For a work, Wikipedia article is displayed in the article section by default, and possible Wikisource materials secondarily
- For an edition, Wikisource materials are displayed by default, Wikipedia article secondarily for error cases.
- Options for what Wikisource materials to display:
- PDF (the Wikidocumentaries article section is not well suited for PDF)
- Text from Wikisource. There could be several editions. Relevant section needs to be chosen:
- For example 5 first pages, maybe lazy loading of full text?
- Table of content. Links may backlink to Wikisource Ns:0 subpages for chapters or open the viewer modal.
- New menu!
- Switch Show article / Show Wikisource – take into account the possibility of multiple editions in Wikisource
- Download ebook (using https://ws-export.wmcloud.org/) + popup for selecting the type
- Read in pdf viewer
- Read in Wikisource viewer
- Listen to the text
- View/edit in Wikisource (external link)
- Indicator whether editions exist in other languages
- PDF – using the reader from IA https://bookreader.toolforge.org/
- Wikisource texts – Using the Italian gadget to be modified for Wikidocumentaries
- Virtual bookshelf (Works component) – needs to include editions if not already so
- More display options: Timeline
Summary of new development
- Add menu in the article section with actions
- Decide what would be displayed in the article space for Wikisource. For example 5 first pages, after which you need to enter a reader
- Add condition in the script for selecting the default view mode and switching the mode
- Create universal pdf reader from the IA reader, make a modal for it
- Create Wikisource reader from the Italian reader, make a modal for it
- In the readers, add an actions menu
- View pdf / Text if a Wikisource item
- View in Wikisource if a Wikisource item
- Integrate Wikisource download script into Wikidocumentaries
- Add timeline visualization
- Check that all works, edition, author, publisher links are displayed in WDOC
- One more case to perfect the faceting / filtering functions as well as lazy loading
- Add pdf image in the header
- Add Table of Contents of each editions (where available) and backlink to Wikisource Ns:0 subpages for chapters
Item in Phabricator
|Setting up dev environment
|Central Park Archives